Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Aaaaaaaand we're back...

After almost three weeks in Sri Lanka, I'm back.  The vacation was great.  The kids loved it, as did we, and I hope to post some photos in the coming weeks.  Enjoying everything there was to enjoy, as well as balancing the lives of two small children between fun and order occupied most of my time, and therefore I was only able to read one and a half books.  Matt Hill's Graft was the perfect vacation read.  It's familiar cyberpunk written in clever, off-kilter prose that can be picked up and put down easily.  Review to come.  A day or two before the vacation ended I started Rudy Rucker's Spacetime Donuts, and am still reading.   Undoubtedly I will finish it soon as it's a science fiction ice cream sundae with sprinkles on top.  (If it were a Ben & Jerry's flavor, it would be Shecklian Swirl.)  Ambitiously, I also had brought Iain Banks' A Song of Stone, but didn't get close to cracking the cover... 

1 comment:

  1. Jesse, glad you had a good time. Sounds terrific. Thanks for the brief comments; a search for "Spacetime Donuts" led me to Rucker's "Turing and Burroughs", which sounds insane enough to have real promise. I'm looking forward to your next reviews.

    ReplyDelete